The world’s first zero carbon footprint wine closure
Engineered to be the best closure solution for age-worthy premium wines, Select Green (previously Select Bio) is fully recyclable and made using renewable, plant-based biopolymers derived from sugar cane.
Select Green uses Nomacorc’s proprietary PlantCorc™ technology to provide a sustainable closure with superior performance and consistent oxygen control while minimizing environmental impact by preventing spoilage and waste from wine fault.
What is biotechnology?
From Coca-Cola® to Dannon® yogurt, food and beverage companies around the world have begun to implement biotechnology into their packaging materials. Nomacorc is proud to be the first wine closure company to use biopolymers in its production process. Click here to learn more about this break-through technology >>
Awards and News
- 2015 WBM Bio Business Awards “Bio-Based Product Innovation of the Year” – Shortlisted
- 5 Wine Industry Innovators Honored with WINnovation Award
- Avalon Winery first U.S. winery to use Select Bio.
- Select Bio awarded “Best Green Launch” in The Drinks Business Green Awards 2014.
- Italy’s Vino Libero organization initiates agreement with Select Bio.