Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report
From environmental footprint to economic performance to social impact, Nomacorc’s annual Corporate Social Responsibility report helps us set benchmarks for improvement and externally communicate our sustainable progress to our stakeholders. 2015 was another year of excellent progress.
Here are a few of our exciting highlights:
Sustainable Products and Ethical Conduct
- In 2015, Nomacorc reduced its use of resin material by an additional 209 pounds (per million corcs) compared to 2014 in its facilities in U.S. and Belgium. The continued reduction in our material usage is primarily attributable to efforts to reduce the amount of scrap produced.
- Last year, scrap generation was further reduced by 2.56%.
- In 2015, our overall electricity consumption in the U.S. decreased by 2.9%.
- In 2015, our total (U.S. and Belgium) facilities’ water consumption was reduced
Product Quality and Customer Service
- In 2015, Nomacorc delivered orders at a 6% increase from 2014, around the world on time and complete.
- We achieved this at a further improved on-time delivery rate of 98.7%.
- In 2015, Nomacorc improved our average order lead time again as we move close to achieving our goal of a 5-day lead time at both facilities.
Motivated and Safe Employees
- Employees donated over 1,383 hours to more than 55 organizations in 2015.
- For the ninth year in a row, Nomacorc proudly received the Gold Award from the North Carolina Department of Labor (NCDOL)’s Safety Award Program.
Results of First Full Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) Study
Nomacorc has completed our first full Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) study on the Classic+ product. This study measures the environmental impacts for every step of the life cycle of a Nomacorc Classic+ closure from “cradle” (raw materials extraction) to “gate” (the distribution of finished closures to customers).