First developed as a research tool to understand the influence of closure ingress on wine development, the NomaSense oxygen analyzer proved to be a valuable tool to assess bottling line performances with respect to oxygen uptake.
Using this analyzer, our Enology Team has developed a strong expertise on how to audit bottling lines of different sizes and types.
Auditing services can be customized depending on individual needs.
Options can include
- Total Package Oxygen (TPO) measurement
- Dissolved Oxygen (DO) measurement in tanks
- DO measurement in transfer pipes
- DO and Headspace Oxygen (HSO) in bottles at various time points during the bottling process
- DO and HSO in bottles to assess filling and corking/screwing heads consistency
Each bottling audit has to be defined in agreement with the winery staff in order to identify critical steps in terms of oxygen pick-up and potential improvements.
Performing bottling audits provides the wineries or bottling facilities with:
- A better understanding of critical oxygen pick-up steps
- The possibility to put in place proper inerting procedures
- The possibility to decrease bottle to bottle variation due to the bottling process
- The extension of wine shelf-life by reducing the Total Package Oxygen to a minimum